Poha: An awesome breakfast
Gujarati Style Poha Recipe which will fulfill you day with joy.
Poha is one of an easy, delicious and healthy breakfast recipe, popular in Maharashtra. Made with onions, seasoning like chilies, lemon, coriander, and curry leaves and vegetables like carrot, bell-pepper make up a tasty and easy meal of Poha, especially when you don’t feel like cooking early in the morning.
Let’s have a look at how to prepare this simple breakfast recipe:
- 1 Cup Poha/chivda (pressed rice)
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 Onions, finely chopped
- 8-10 Curry leaves
- 2-3 Whole red chillies
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- Salt, as per taste
- 2 tsp Green chillies, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup garnished carrot
- 1/2 cup garnished bell-pepper
- Wash the poha properly in a colander, not letting it soak too long in the water. Leave in the colander to drain out completely.
- Next is heat the oil and add mustard seeds, curry leaves, red chillies, green chillies and onions.
- When onions are light brown in color, add carrot and bell-pepper, and turn around till they look a bit glossy.
- Add the turmeric and sauté in low heat till the veggies are cooked through.
- Increase the heat flame of your stove and add salt and poha and mix well. Saute till mixed and heated through.
- Off the heat, and mix in the lemon juice and half of the coriander.
- Transfer on to a serving dish, garnish with the rest of the coriander and serve.
Are you preparing this recipe? I LOVE to see your creations so click a pic and tag countrybhojan on Instagram with the hashtag #Countrybhojan and please give a star rating below ★.
Do you have an interesting blog or recipe or food hub to share? Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To stay updated with more posts, please connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. And for the recipe video do subscribe to our YouTube Channel Country Bhojan.