Tomato Chutney Recipe
Spicy and tangy red chutney recipe prepared from tomatoes and other Indian spices. Tomato Chutney can be served with either breakfast recipes or with roti. This chutney can be easily stored in cool and dry place for weeks. But do you know that chutney’s are basically English oriented, by other theories it stated that chutney’s was originated in North India. Interestingly, the later theory is more convincing and exciting as it is been derived from Hindi word ‘Chatni’ or ‘Chatna’, which means to lick or it could be lip smacking sound while consuming a tangy dish.
Find Complete Tomato Chutney Recipe
Spicy tomato chutney is a perfect combination for Ideal South Indian breakfast dishes like Idli, vada, dosa.
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 2 Large Tomatoes
- 2 Garlic (Chopped)
- 4 Green Chilli
- Coriander (Chopped)
- Tamarind paste (Optional)
- Heat the oil and add roughly chopped tomatoes, green chillis, garlic and salt (as per taste).
- Stir and saute till the tomatoes are soft on low flame.
- Once the tomatoes are soft keep it aside for cool down.
- Take the small blender and add the soft tomatoes, tamarind and coriander in it for the paste.
- Take it out in the bowl and your tomato chutney is ready to be served.
You can also add some onions while frying to make it more acidic and spicy.