Atte Ka Halwa Recipe
Homemade Atte ka Halwa Simple Recipe for Beginners and Also For Unwanted Guests.
Let’s get started.
Though there are lot many types of halwa recipe such as Sooja Halwa which is also known as Kesari in few states of India, Lauki Halwa(Bottle gourd), Carrot Halwa the most famous. But this halwa recipe is one of the favorites recipe and is very easy to prepare also, especially at that time when I am carving for some yum sweet and also when some unwanted guests just knocked the door and I have to prepare some sweet dish for then after the meal. Though this is not a rocket science recipe. But today, I want to bring this in limelight so that sweet dish lovers especially halwa lovers prepare this whenever they are craving for some sweet dish to eat. Though for this recipe I don’t have the video as present but I promise you all that soon will share the video so that it will be easy for you all to prepare the same at home.
About Atte ka Halwa
Atte ka Halwa is loaded with ghee and dry fruits, atta halwa means wheat halwa is definitely indulgent. Rich with the goodness of wheat flour, this tasty/yum dessert can be made in a fraction of seconds. Most importantly, Aate ka Halwa Recipe can be made with simple ingredients that is present all time in our kitchen and all in a matter of few minutes at home. For making this recipe, all you need is wheat flour (atta), ghee and sugar for sweetness. Apart from this, you need to take care of the portion of wheat flour and ghee as it become dry due to inadequate amount of ghee, also, Make sure that you will keep on stirring continuously while roasting the flour and do the same on medium low heat. This way the flour will not burn but been roasted evenly.
So, let’s have a look to the recipe.
Yum yum, hot hot atte ka halwa. My favorite.
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 cup Ghee
- 1 cup Whole wheat flour (Atta)
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- Heat the ghee in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add ghee approximately 1 cup and the same same quantity whole wheat flour and fry on medium flame until slightly browned. (Approx 6-8 minutes ). Keep stirring continuously don't forget.
- Keep stirring continuously and do not let the flour burn, till it starts to emit a wheatish aroma.
- Once the flour is done, add double the cups of water and cook the water till it is almost absorbed by the flour.
- Add the sugar at this stage and cook the halwa for another 3-4 minutes. The quantity of sugar is all up to you. As per your sweet bud taste. Usually people add sugar same the quantity of wheat flour.
- Your Atte ka Halwa is ready to be served. Serve hot or cold its all up to you. You can garnish it with dry fruits as well at the end.
Are you making this recipe? I LOVE to see your creations so click a pic and tag countrybhojan on Instagram with the hashtag #Countrybhojan and please give a star rating below ★.
Do you have an interesting blog or recipe or food hub to share? Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To stay updated with more posts, please connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. And for the recipe video do subscribe to our YouTube Channel Country Bhojan.