Milk Pudding Recipe / Junnu Recipe
No special cooking is required for this recipe only steam cooked.
Andhra style Milk Pudding is an easy sweet recipe for surprise guests. Junnu or milk pudding is prepared by the mixture of colostrum milk, fresh milk, sugar or jaggery, and black pepper powder. Cook the mixture on steam just like idli. This is very delicious and very simple to prepare a healthy recipe.
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- Colostrum milk and Normal fresh milk – 2 cups each
- Sugar/Jaggery – 1 cup
- Pepper powder -1 table spoon
- Firstly, take colostrum milk and normal fresh milk in a bowl and mix them well with a laddle.
- Now add sugar and mix them well until the sugar dissolves completely in milk.
- Then add black pepper powder and again mix them well.
- Pour the milk mixture into a bowl for steaming.
- Cook the mixture on steam for about 15 minutes (same like idli) in a steamer.
- Then let it sets like custard and turn off the stove.
- Take out the junnu in the bowl from the steamer and cool it. Now your junnu is ready to be served.
Are you preparing this recipe? I LOVE to see your creations so click a pic and tag countrybhojan on Instagram with the hashtag #Countrybhojan and please give a star rating below ★.
Do you have an interesting blog or recipe or food hub to share? Please write to us at email@example.com. To stay updated with more posts, please connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. And for the recipe video do subscribe to our YouTube Channel Country Bhojan.