Chicken 65 is red spicy deep fried Chinese dish which is originated at Chennai, India and served mainly at Bars or a quick snacks at parties and functions. Chicken 65 is prepared in gravy and dry form, dry chicken 65 is the deep fried version of the marinated chicken. So lets see the process of Chicken 65.
Type of Dish : Snacks
Place Of Origin : Chennai, India
Serving Temperature : Hot
Serving : 2-3 person
- 1 kg Boneless Chicken
- Salt – as per taste
- 1½ tbsp of Red Chilli powder
- ½ tsp of Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp of full Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 tsp of Garam Masala powder
- 2 tbsp of Maida
- 2 tbsp of Corn flour
- 1 beaten egg
- Oil for deep fry
- Firstly, in a big mixing bowl, add square pieces of boneless chicken pieces, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste and garam masala powder.
- Into it add one egg, maida and corn flour.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Rest the marinade in the refrigerator for aprox. 15-20 minutes.
Deep fried Chicken
- Heat oil in a wok(Kadhai) for deep frying.
- Add the chicken pieces and deep fry them on all sides until they turn golden brown for aprox. 10-15 minutes on medium flame.
- Take the chicken pieces out from the wok and transfer the pieces into a bowl and keep it aside for rest.
- Take the wok again, add little oil and heat it.
- Add finely crushed ginger and garlic,green chillies, fresh curry leaves into it and saute well.
- Now, add yogurt, then some salt as per taste, add red chilli powder.
- Mix all the ingredients and stir well.
- Add the deep fried chicken pieces into the gravy and cook for five to ten minutes by stirring.
- Take the chicken 65 out on a serving plate.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve with onion rings and lemon wedges.
Enjoy your Snacks