Chicken Ghee Roast
Chicken Ghee Roast is a popular Mangalorean dish
Chicken Ghee Roast is a popular and traditional recipe from the kitchen of Mangalorean households that uses different spices and clarified ghee to roast the chicken. Let’s try this recipe with us.
30 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- Garlic - 8 - Mash them all well
- Cinnamon Stick
- Green Cardamom - 4
- Black Cardamom - 1
- Coriander Seed - 2 tbsp
- Red Chilli - 8-10
- Ghee - 4 tbsp
- Shahi Jeera - A pinch
- Onion - 1 cup
- Kari leaves
- Chicken - 1 kg
- Take a pan and add Cinnamon Stick,Green Cardamom,Black Cardamom, Coriander Seed, Red Chilli and dry roast them all well for 3 mins at low flame.
- After roasting for 3 mins, grind into fine powder.
- Now again, take a pan add ghee and shahi jeera. After 1/2 mins add onions and Kari leaves to it and saute them well until golden brown color.
- After this add mashed garlic and tbsp turmeric and salt and mix them all well.
- After that, add chicken and saute for 2 mins, after 2 mins, cover and cook for 10 mins on medium flame.
- After 10 mins, remove the cover you will find that ckicken has started leaving water, now add groud masala ad saute for 5 mins at low flame.
- Your Chicken Curry ready to be served.