Beerakaya Curry using milk Recipe | Ridge gourd curry using milk recipe
Ridge gourd or Beerakaya is one of favorite vegetables and is used to prepare a number of dishes for example beerakaya menthu kura, beerkaya pachadi etc etc. Even we can cook this vegetable with prawns and eggs too. Today we represent this recipe in a very simple and a quick way to cook, keeping the taste in mind. We have made ridge gourd cooked in milk with some basic daily used spices. This dish has a slight sweet flavor because of milk but is a perfect combination with rotis or steamed white rice.
Find Complete Beerakaya Curry using milk Recipe
We have made ridge gourd cooked in milk with some basic daily used spices. This dish has a slight sweet flavor because of milk but is a perfect combination with rotis or steamed white rice.
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 cups of tender ridge gourd
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2-3 Green chilli
- Curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- Salt as per taste
- Coriander to garnish the curry at the end
- Wash and peel the ridge gourd and cut in the round slices, keep aside and then cut the onions and green chilli.
- Heat the oil in the pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and green chilli, allow them to splutter and then add onion and try till it become pink in color.
- Add ridge gourd pieces, salt and turmeric, saute for a min. Now let it cook for few mins on low flame till it become bit soft and start leaving water.
- Once it get cooked add red chilli powder, garam masala to it and give a fine mix to it and again let it cook for 2-3 mins.
- Now add milk and gently mix it and keep it on stove for one boil. Once it started boiling switch off the flame.
- Serve beerakaya curry with chapati and rice.