Curd Charu Recipe / Perugu Charu Recipe / How to make Perugu Charu or Andhra Style Curried Buttermilk
Andhra Pradesh cuisine is close to my heart. I liked the creamy curd dish called Perugu Charu as it is very easy and quick to prepare. It is also known as Mor Rasam, Curd Rasam, Buttermilk Rasam, Majjiga Charu. If you are left with no vegetables and have to prepare lunch, then Curd Charu is the best option.
In this recipe, curd is tempered with the Tadka/Talimp of made up of mustard seeds, curry leaves, onions and green chilli. This Tadka/Talimp lends an amazing flavor to this Andhra Style curry. If you want it to be spicy then you can add some more green chillies or you can add red chilli as well. Perugu/Curd Charu tastes too good with rice.
Following is its recipe, do note it down:
Complete Curd Charu Recipe
Serves 2 Person
Perugu Charu is tempered with the Tadka made up of mustard seeds, curry leaves, onions, green chilli. Let have a look to the recipe and Note it down.
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 cup Sour curd Whisked
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp Heeng
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 2-3 Dry red chilli
- 10-12 Curry leaves
- 1/4 cup Onion Chopped
- 1 tsp Green chilli Chopped
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Whisk curd until smooth, then add water and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan.Once the oil is hot, add cumin seeds, heeng, mustard seeds, dry red chilli and curry leaves and let them crackle for a few seconds.
- Add onion and green chilli and fry for a minute.
- Once the onions started changing color, add turmeric powder and cook for another minute.
- Off the stove and pour the tempering over the whisked curd and lastly add salt as per your taste and mix well.
You can add 1/4 tablespoon of sugar as well if you are a sweet lover.