Dhaliya Khichdi Recipe
A great fiber lunch from Infants to Adults.
Dhaliya khichdi is a delicious one pot meal made from broken wheat, Mung bean (green lentil) and vegetables🥗. Dhaliya khichdi is highly nutritious as broken wheat and pulses make it rich in protein, fiber and iron. Also, good for those who are looking for the weight loss recipe, as, Dhaliya is an extremely low calories.
And this khichdi is also good for kids of 1 years + age, just avoid red chilli powder in that, as that might be uneasy for kids to digests.
So, let’s have a look to the recipe first.
Step by Step Complete Recipe
- Ginger - 1 tbsp finally Chopped
- Green Chilli - 2-3 finally Chopped
- Onion - 1 large chopped
- Potatoes - 1 small fine cubes
- Bottle Guard - 1/2 cup fine cubes
- Carrot - 1/2 cup fine cubes
- Tomatoes - 1 small chopped
- Dhaliya - 1/2 cup
- Green lentils - 1/2 cup
- Rice - 1/2 to 3/4 cup
- Ghee - 2,3 tbsp
- Bay leaf - 1 to 1 1/2
- Cinnamon stick
- Cloves - 5 or 6
- Cardamon - 3 to 4
- Cumin Seeds
- Salt as per taste
- Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
- Chilli Powder - as per requirement
- Water - 1.5 - 2 liters (or more to make the khichdi soft)
- Take a pressure cooker , heat the ghee and add bay leaf, Cinnamon stick, Cloves, Cardamon fry it a little and add cumin seeds and then chopped onions.
- Fry the onions till the raw smell goes off and it start changing the color. This is the identity of cooked onions.
- Now add all the vegetables to it and fry it for next 5 minutes.
- After that add Dhaliya to it. This dhaliya we have washed and dipped in water for approximately 3 hours.
- Same goes with Green lentil. Add the dipped green lentil in the cooker and mix the above all properly.
- Now add rice and lastly tomatoes. Mix them all properly and let it be for another 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add salt, turmeric, chilli powder. Mix it well.
- Lastly add water. Approximately 1.5 to 2 liters. Mix it well and close the pressure cooker lid for 4-5 whistles. More whistles more soft the rice, lentil and dhaliya will be, remember this.
- Now open the lid and your hot hot dhaliya is ready to be served. Serve the same with ghee.
Recipe with Pictures
Are you planning to prepare this recipe? Why don’t you share the experience with us, so click a pic and tag countrybhojan on Instagram with the hashtag #Countrybhojan and please give a star rating below ★.
Do you have an interesting blog or recipe or food hub to share? Please write to us at email@example.com. To stay updated with more posts, please connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. And for the recipe video do subscribe to our YouTube Channel Country Bhojan.