Leftover Rice Recipe
Usually we find that after our meal, few rice is left, and unwanted we have to throw the same. Wasting food is not a good eating etiquette so we came up with a recipe name CURD RICE, very common name right. Yes! we know. It is also known as “Thayir Saadam”.
Curd Rice is a delicious and easy South Indian recipe where leftover cooked rice is mixed with curd which is of equal quantity and a tempering is done to it. It is a complete meal in itself and can be had any time of the day. Here is how to make curd rice recipe.
Note: Curd has slight acidic nature and it might cause heartburn. If you are prone to acidity, then avoid eating curd rice.
Complete Curd Rice Recipe
Curd Rice is a delicious and easy South Indian recipe where leftover cooked rice is mixed with curd and a tempering is done to it. It is a complete meal in itself and can be had any time of the day. Here is how to make curd rice recipe.
5 minPrep Time
7 minCook Time
12 minTotal Time
- 250 gram Leftover Rice
- 250 gram Yogurt
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 5 Green chillies, chopped
- Coriander leaves, chopped
- Salt, as per taste
- Mustard seeds
- 2-3 Dried red chilli
- 8-10 Curry leaves
- Mix together yogurt, rice and salt in a big bowl.
- Heat oil and add the mustard seeds, dried red chilli and curry leaves.
- When they start crackling, add green chilli and onions, fry them for around 2-3 mins and close the flame.
- Pour tempering on the rice and serve cold.