Okra Tomato Chutney
Okra Tomato Chutney is commonly known as Andhra Bendakaya Pachadi.
This recipe for all those who are not really a fan of okra. Let us get started.
Andhra style Okra Tomato Chutney is a finger-licking side to any normal day meal. These types of chutneys are great and interestingly use less oil and a perfect recipe for those lazy afternoons where you need to cook just for two and don’t want to spend much time standing in the kitchen. It tastes awesome with white rice and ghee.
Do you know? consuming Okra increases your mind power, that is the reason Indian pregnant ladies are recommended to eat more okra curry during 9 months.
Complete Recipe with step by step instructions
- Fresh tender Okra/Lady’s Finger – ¼ kg
- Tomato chopped – 2 Big Size
- Green Chilli splits - 5-6
- Onions sliced -1 Big
- Coriander Leaves – few springs
- Mustard seeds – 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 ½ tbsp.
- Curry Leaves – 1 spring
- Oil – 2 ½ tbsp.
- Hinge – 2 pinches
- Salt as per taste
- Garlic cloves 2-3
- Take a pan, add oil and let it be for heating up. Now add cumin seeds, Mustard seeds, curry leaves, green chilli, garlic, hing and mix them all well.
- After that add okra pieces, onion and let it be on the stove at medium flame to fry till they lose the raw smell.
- Lastly add Tomatoes and cook till the mixture is tender enough.
- Switch off the flame and allow it to cool down.
- Let’s grind the chutney now along with some fresh coriander. Remember not to add water to it.
- Here you go! your Andhra style pachadi is ready.
Traditional method includes addition of a lemon sized water soaked tamarind ball while grinding the chutney, but I prefer without tamarind.
This recipe is very easy to prepare. If you ever try this recipe please consider sending me the feedback! or
If you are finding difficulty or the dish didn’t come as expected please let us know we will explain to you in a more easier way.
Do you have an interesting blog or recipe or food hub to share? Please write to us at email@example.com. To stay updated with more posts, please connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. And doe the recipe video do subscribe to our YouTube Channel Country Bhojan.