Pulihora – Andhra Tamarind Rice
These days all mothers are frustrated because of the leftover rice by there kids, but now no more,We bought to you with the leftover rice recipe that is Tamarind Rice Recipe. Andhra style pulihora is tasty and tangy rice recipe for suits perfectly for breakfast and lunch. The moment it touches your kids tongue, they will become addictive to the flavors that make them crave for more. To know the actual taste of traditional Pulihora recipes, it is advisable to prepare from scratch, tough in the market you will find MTR Pulihora instant mix but still we love to prepare it from scratch because the store bought mixture, lack the authentic home made flavors and aromas.
So, mother’s here is the recipe!
Suggested Recipes: Tamarind Paste
Complete Pulihora Recipe
Serves 2 Servings
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 2 cups leftover cooked rice
- 3 tsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds and jeera/cumin seeds
- 3 dry red chilies broken
- Curry leaves
- 2 fistfuls Peanuts
- Salt as per taste
- Turmeric powder
- 2-3 tsp Tamarind Paste
- 2 green chilies chopped
- First step is to heat a pan with oil. Add mustard seeds, dry red chilly, jeera/cumin seeds, curry leaves. and green chilli. Fry till red chilli becomes crispy.
- Next add peanuts and turmeric and give them good stir.
- Cook the above mixture till the oil starts separating from the mixture. Off the flame and let it rest till it cools down.
- Now take a big bowl, add the leftover rice, add tamarind paste and salt as per taste and give a fine mix .
- Add the above mixture to the rice and mix then all well till the time the mixture is mixed with the rice.
- Your Tamarind rice or pulihora is ready to get serve.