Tomato Dal Recipe, Andhra Style Dal Recipe
Tomato dal is one of famous recipe from the Andhra Cuisine. If you went to any Andhra marriage then you will definitely find this dal as one of the option in the main bhojan. This dal is usually cooked with toor dal and lots of tomatoes. There are different styles to prepare this recipes, some cook the dal and tomatoes separately and mix it all along and some cook it in single vessel to save time. This recipe have the tangy taste with no extra spices. You can prepare the same in just 20 mins. So are you all ready to know the recipe of Tomato dal.
Find Complete Tomato Dal Recipe or Andhra Style Dal Recipe
Learn how to cook tangy flavor dal with the help of pictures in just 20 mins. Stay Tuned.
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 cup toor dal
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- Coriander Finely Chopped
- 3-4 green chillis slit length wise
- Curry Leaves
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt as per taste
- red Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Urad Dal
- Meethi Seeds
- Mustard Seeds
- Ginger Garlic Paste
- Wash the toor dal and soak it for 15-20 mins before you actually starts cooking.
- Pressure cook the dal, tomatoes, green chilli, 1/2 chopped onion and 1/2 tsp of oil and 2 cups of water for 2 whistles.
- Once the pressure goes down open the lid and check for the consistency, if the dal is dry you can add more water and if it is runny then evaporate the water by cooking further without lid.
- Now take a pan add ghee, cumin seeds, Mustard seeds, meethi seeds and urad dal. Fry the dal properly.
- Once it started changing the color add curry leaves, chopped onion, remaining chilli and ginger garlic paste and mix it all well.
- After mixing add salt and turmeric powder (haldi) and again give a good mix to all. Once the onion is been cooked add red chilli powder and fry it till the leaves turns crisp and onion been properly cooked.
- Off the heat and mix the above masala with the boiled dal. Give a good mix again and here your's Tomato Dal is ready to be served. You can cook the dal further to get the thick flavorful dal.
You can cook the dal further to get the thick flavorful dal.