Boondi Namkeen Recipe
An easy process for making Boondi Namkeen at home.
Boondi, just like a water droplet sized deep-fried crispy Indian snack prepared from gram flour(besan). Gram Flour is the main ingredient in making boondi namkeen, boondi raita and other snacks. Apart from using gram flour as the base ingredient, another ingredient that is very important is rice flour which makes it extra crispy and gives a nice bright yellow color. The overall cooking time if just 15 mins include the preparation time as well.
- 1 cup Gram Flour (Besan)
- 2 tablespoons Rice Flour
- Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch)
- Baking Soda (Sodium Bicarbonate)
- Kari leaves
- Cooking Oil
- Prepare a batter by mixing gram flour, rice flour, baking Soda, and salt in a medium size bowl and gradually adding water as required until medium thick. Avoid lumps in the batter and it is not very thin or thick.
- Heat oil in a pan for frying. When oil becomes hot, hold perforated spoon (a big round spoon with small holes in it) a little above pan and pour 2-3 tablespoons batter on it. Tap its edge so that
- droplets of batter fall in the oil. Repeat the process and make as many droplets as possible in a pan until all of them are able to remain submerged and can be stirred easily.
- Stir them using spatula and fry them in medium flame until they become bright yellow in color. Take out them using another spoon, drain excess oil with the help of filter and transfer to plate.
- Now, for Dressing of namkeen, again take the oil and add peanuts and kari leaves to it. Fry them till the peanuts start changing the color.
- Take the peanut and kari leaves out from the oil and add them to the deep fried Boondi. Add salt and red mirchi to it as per your taste. You can also add Chat masala to it.
- Your Boondi Namkeen is ready.
Let’s see the recipe with the help of pictures.
You may also like: Kala Channa Chaat