Complete Fried Idli Recipe for Beginners
Serves 2 Servings
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- Leftover Idlis
- Curry Leaves
- 4-5 Dried Red Chillies
- 3-4 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1 Tablespoon Black Peppercorns (Sabut Kali Mirch)
- 1 Tablespoon Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 Tablespoon Salt or as per your taste
- 1/2 Tablespoon Sambar Masala
- 1/2 Tablespoon Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- Blend Dried Red Chillies, Curry Leaves, Cumin Seeds, Garlic Cloves and Black Peppercorn in a blender.
- Next step is an OPTIONAL one, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan and fry the leftover idlis till they becomes light brown in color.
- Now, take a same pan, add some Black Mustard Seeds (Rai), curry leaves, the spice mixture prepared earlier and fry for a few seconds. Then add the Fried Idlis to the pan.
- Now add Salt as per taste, Sambar Masala and Amchur. Mix the Idlis in the masala mixture to coat them evenly.
- Fried Idlis are ready. Serve the Fried Idlis plain or along with tomato ketchup or chutney.
If you are using fresh Idlis, then refrigerate them for aprox. 30 mins before using. If you want you can sprinkle a pinch of Chaat Masala on the top before serving.