Suji(Semolina) Dhokla Recipe
Gujarat Famous Dish, the Dhokla Recipe.
Suji or Semolina Dhokla is a quick and easy dish to make, without any frying only steaming. It is a perfect dish for breakfast as well as evening tea-time. All you need is ingredients which are always available at the kitchen, let them rest for an hour, and then steam the batter. Serve it with mint coriander chutney to make a yummy evening snack.
Complete Suji(Semolina) Dhokla Recipe
30 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 1-1 1/2 cup sooji
- 1 cup curd
- Water as needed
- 2 lemon juice
- Turmeric (haldi)
- 2 Green chili finely chopped
- Cilantro finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Eno
- Black mustard seed
- Mix the sooji, curd, salt, turmeric, lemon juice, green chili, and cilantro together and make a smooth batter and add water as per requiirement.
- Allow batter to rest 30 minutes.
- Grease the cake pan or any other big pan and set aside.
- Set the cake rack in the pan. Add one cup of water, just enough to touch the cake rack, and bring to a boil and steam(Same as for idli utensil).
- Add Eno to the batter just before baking this will make the batter foam up.
- Quickly pour batter into a greased pan. Place the pan into the saucepan over the cake rack. Cover the pan. Steam for about 15-20 minutes on medium flame.
- Before removing, check the Dhokla with a knife or spoon. If the knife comes out clean and smoothly, that means dhokla is ready. Turn off the heat and remove the pan from the saucepan.
- Let it cool down at room temperature, then cut into square shapes.
- For Prepare the seasoning: Heat the oil in a small pan and add mustard seeds to the oiland add green chili stir for few seconds then add lemon water and little sugar as per taste. Make it till boil.
- Drizzle the seasoning over the dhokla. Serve with Hari cilantro chutney.
Do you have an interesting blog or recipe or food hub to share? Please write to us at email@example.com. To stay updated with more posts, please connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. And for the recipe video do subscribe to our YouTube Channel Country Bhojan.