Boiled Tulsi Water for Kids: Yes / No Let’s Know today
Though we know lots of benefits of tulsi leaves specially when you have a cold and cough recommended for fever too. Tulsi leaves have germicidal, fungicidal & antibiotic properties making it ideal for bacterial, fungal and viral infections and is a safe home remedy for cold formula.
But, today we have a question whether it is safe for babies below 1 year or not. So the answer is YES. Tulsi water” is, Pediatrician recommended a cold formula and Good for Digestion for infants.
No wonder why it is called “Queen of Herbs” but, below are the few benefits of tulsi water for kids especially infants(below 1 year):-
- Tulsi juice helps to get relieved from cough, cold and fever.
- You can add 2–3 spoons of tulsi water into baby’s milk or if you are giving top-up milk/formula to your baby then you can add 2–3 teaspoons of it to milk, this will help in digesting the whole milk, as babies digestive system is still not mature so it is very good element which will help babies in digesting the milk.
- Giving this water at regular intervals to your baby will keep him/her hydrated.
Below is how you can prepare Tulsi Water and store it for the whole day.
- Tulsi leaves – few
- Water – ½ cup
- Take a few tulsi leaves and wash them well in a bowl or under running water tap. In a pan, add washed tulsi leaves and half cup drinking water.
- Let it boil in medium heat for 5 mins.
- Strain through a filter and squeeze the leaves to extract till the last drop. or you can give without draining the leaves as well.