Infant Meal: Old days Grandmother’s Homemade Cerelac
Previously, we told you how to make Dal water for your Lil cutie-pies. Other than Dal Water, these days you will prefer to give Cerelac to your kids. In market you will find lots of options such as rice cerelac, wheat cerelac, etc etc. But you know, you can prepare cerelac for your kiddos at home too. its very simple and healthy too. No artificial ingredients added to it, all things are available at your kitchen.
The cerelac is called UGGU in the Telugu language. Uggu is a food that is prepared for the child in such a way which will be digested easily without giving them gas problem. Did you ever thought what is cereal? So the answer is, any food(Baby Food) which is made in to small particles just ease to swallow is called as cereal. While talking about Uggu it is nothing but a Rice Cereal with few grains added to it. Uggu will have many vitamins added to it in form of grains.
Lets checkout the recipe for the same:
20 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- Rice - 100 gm
- Toor Dal - 5 gm
- Almonds - 4-5
- Cashew Nuts - 2
- Ajwain - a pinch
- Take a bowl, mix Rice, Toor Dal, and other grains and add water to it. Wash it properly 3-4 times and Rest it in sun for 4 to 5 Hours(if possible) or let it get dry.
- Then, take a pan, Fry the above mixture in low heat(sim gas) till golden brown color.
- Keep aside to cool it down.
- take a blender, add the roasted mixture and, blend it in Blender or Mixer like a smooth powder.
- Store it in Air Tight Container.
- Take 1 to 2 tablespoons of powder and pour sufficient amount of water in a pan or any utensil you prefer to cook it.
- Keep in it low flame, stir it for every 60 sec till it become a paste(loose paste)(Check the consistency and keep on stirring to avoid getting stick to the pan)
- Finally add some salt for taste and ghee to it.
Check the consistency while cooking, don't make a thick paste, make it loose so that it is easy for your kid to swallow and keep on stirring to avoid getting stick to the pan.
This recipe id fully packed with Vitamins and Calories that your baby need for growth and brain development. You can also ad curry as your baby start getting older. Uggu is a dish which can easily be swollen as he/she wont have teeth to chew Food apart from that it can be easily digested by your baby. You can give the same till 1 year of your baby age. As the your baby grows in age increases month by month make it as Rough powder.